E4B L10 Unit 10 Looking good! Jess Lin P.1
|L10 Unit 11 Looking Good
A. Warm up questions:
1. How tall are you? Are you taller than the other people in your family?
I’m 1 meter 75. I’m taller than my father but shorter than my brother.
2. Are any of your friends over six feet tall? How tall would your ideal
My best friend is six feet two. As long as the person is taller/shorter
than me, it’s fine with me.
3. Who do you look like in your family? How are you alike?
I look like my mother. We both have big beautiful eyes.
4. What’s your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/best friend like?
My best friend is Tina. She’s tall and slim. She’s very generous.
5. Does anyone in the class look like someone famous?
I think Frank looks like President Obama.
1.black 黑色 2. white 白色 3. red 紅色 4. blue 藍色 5. green 綠色
6.brown咖啡色 7. yellow黃色 8. gray灰色 9. orange橘色 10. purple 紫色
11.pink 粉紅色 12. gold 金色 13. silver銀色 14. khaki卡其色 15. beige 米色
- dark gray 深灰色 17. light gray淺灰色
C. Clothing Vocabulary
|1. a hat 帽子||2. a cap 棒球帽||3. earrings 耳環||4. a necklace 項鍊|
|5. a tie 領帶||6. a scarf 絲巾||7. a ring戒指||8. a bracelet手環|
|9. a shirt襯衫||10. a T-shirt T-恤||11. a blouse女上衣||12. a sweater毛衣|
|13.a jacket外套||14. a coat 大衣||15. a raincoat雨衣||16. a suit西裝|
|17. pants長褲||18. jeans牛仔褲||19. shorts短褲||20. a skirt裙子|
|21. shoes鞋子||22.sneakers運動鞋||23. boots靴子||24. high heels高跟鞋|
|25. sandals涼鞋||26. gloves手套||27. socks襪子||28. a swimsuit泳裝|
|29.a dress洋裝||30. pajamas睡衣||31. a belt 皮帶||32. underwear 內衣|
What are you wearing?
I’m wearing a light blue blouse, dark blue jeans, brown sneakers, a silver bracelet, a gold necklace, and black glasses.
E4B L10 Unit 11 Looking good! Jess Lin P.2
D. Describing people
- The person is tall/short/medium height/ 1 meter 65/ 165 centimeters.
- The person is about 35/ in her thirties.
- The person has long/short/medium length straight/curly/wavy black/brown hair.
- The person wears glasses/contact lenses.
- The person is wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans, brown shoes, a silver necklace, and a black bracelet
E. Present Simple V.S. Present Continuous
- How are you getting home? I’m getting home by bus.
- How much money are you carrying with you today?
I’m carrying 500 dollars.
- How much money do you usually spend on the weekend? I usually spend around two thousand dollars.
- What are you doing after class? I’m having dinner after class.
- What are you doing this weekend? I’m watching a play this weekend.
- What are you doing tomorrow? Not much. I’m working tomorrow as usual.
- When are you going on vacation? I’m going on vacation this December.
- Why are you studying English? I’m studying English to find a better job.
- Who are you going to spend the weekend with?
I’m going to spend the weekend with my family. It’s my father’s birthday, and we’re celebrating it at a restaurant.
- What are you wearing? I’m wearing a white T-shirt, black pants, gray shoes, a silver ring, and black glasses.
- What do you usually do on rainy days?
I usually stay at home watch a DVD or read a book.
- What do you usually eat for breakfast? I usually have some bread and coffee. Sometimes I have Chinese egg pancake and soybean milk.
- What do you usually wear to the beach? I usually wear a bikini.
- What do you usually wear to a wedding? I almost always wear a suit.
- Do you have to wear a uniform? How do you like it?
No, I don’t, but I had to when I was a student. I wore some tailor made uniforms, and I love them.
- What’s your teacher doing? She’s talking to a classmate.
- Where do you buy clothes? I usually buy clothes in the department stores but sometimes I buy clothes from the street vendors.
E4B L10 Unit 11 Looking good! Jess Lin P.3
F. 現在進行式Present Continuous
‘Where are the children?’ ‘They are playing in the garden.’
You’re spending a lot of money these days.
I’m having a party this Saturday.
二、句型為主詞＋現在式Be動詞＋動詞-ing(S + am/is/are + V1-ing)
肯定句 S ＋ am/is/are + V1-ing
I am cooking.
My mother is working.
Tom and Mary are dancing.
三、常用副詞如：now, immediately, at the moment, right away, right now, these days, this weekend…等等。
work-working, help-helping, call-calling, wash-washing
live-living, hope-hoping, dance-dancing, smile-smiling
lie-lying, die-dying, tie-tying
shop-shopping, sit-sitting, run-running, swim-swimming
1. carry ＿＿＿＿＿＿ 2. tap ＿＿＿＿＿＿ 3. ride ＿＿＿＿＿＿
4. win ＿＿＿＿＿＿ 5. forget ＿＿＿＿＿＿ 6. lie ＿＿＿＿＿＿
7. try ＿＿＿＿＿＿ 8. fly ＿＿＿＿＿＿ 9. write ＿＿＿＿＿＿
10. see ＿＿＿＿＿＿
E4B L10 Unit 11 Looking good! Jess Lin P.4
G. Personal pronouns人稱代名詞：可用來代表前面說過的人、事、物。
1. 主格代名詞subject pronouns 用來代替前面說過的人事物用來當主詞時。
S+V+O 主詞一般放在句首，在動詞的前面。I love you. / He is a nice guy.
2. 受格代名詞object pronouns 用來代替已經說過的人事物作為受詞時。
S+V+O 受詞一般放在動詞的後面。 You love me. / I don’t know him.
詞，記住動詞前用主格代名詞，動詞後（有時是介係詞後）則用受格代名詞。3. 所3. 有格形容詞possessive adjectives 是個形容詞，放在名詞前面，表達該
名詞是屬於誰的。後面一定會加名詞。He’s my best friend.
4. 所有格代名詞possessive pronouns 用來代替前面所說過的名詞，而這個名
He’s a friend of mine.
- Hello. My name is Jessie Lin. What’s ________?
- This is Mary and ____ husband on _______ wedding day.
- Look! The panda is eating _____ food.
- Are these Linda’s keys? No, they’re not _______.
- France is famous for _____ wine.
- We’re having a party in _____ house.
- Tom is an old friend of ________.
H. What a mess!
A: Whose tennis racket is this? A: Whose sunglasses are these?
B: It’s mine. B: They are John’s.
A: What’s it doing here? A: What are they doing here?
B: I’m playing tennis this afternoon. B: He’s going to the beach later.
E4B L10 Unit 11 Looking good! Jess Lin P.5
I. Useful Expressions
- God damn it! 媽的；該死
A: God damn it! I lost my watch.
B: That’s no big deal.
- I want the same. 我要一樣的
A: One large coke, please
B: I want the same.
- The most important thing is… 最重要的是…
You are smart. But the most important thing is that you are diligent.
- I’ve been through it. 我領教過了
A: She is so unreasonable.
B: I’ve been through it.
- You’ve been there? 你去過？
A: Disneyland is fun.
B: You’ve been there?
- God! What the hell are you doing? 天呀！你到底在幹嘛？
A: God! What the hell are you doing?
B: Cleaning my room.
- Come on. Just go alone with it. 好啦！將就一點嘛！
A: This place is small.
B: Come on. Just go alone with it.
- What do you think? Do you like it? 你覺得如何？你還喜歡吧？
A: What do you think? Do you like it?
B: Yes, I do.
- It’s better than nothing. 有總比沒有好
A: I hate this jacket.
B: It’s better than nothing.
- It’s better not to talk about it. 還是別說好了
A: I don’t like my teacher.
B: It’s better not to talk about it.
E4B L10 Unit 11 Looking good! Jess Lin P.6
J. Everyday English
In a clothing store
1. try on 試穿 2.go with 搭配 3. fitting room試衣間
4. credit card 信用卡 5. I’m afraid 恐怕..
A: Can I help you?
B: Yes, please. I’m looking for a shirt to go with my new jeans.
A: What color are you looking for?
A: What about this one? Do you like this?
B: No, it isn’t the right blue.
A: Well, what about this one? It’s a bit darker blue.
B: Oh yes. I like that one much better. Can I try it on?
A: Yes, of course. The fitting room is over there.
… Is the size OK?
B: No, it’s a bit too big. Do you have a smaller size?
A: That’s the last blue one we have, I’m afraid. But we have it in green.
B: OK. I’ll take the green. How much is it?
A: $39.99. How do you want to pay?
B: Can I pay by credit card?
A: Credit card’s fine. Thank you very much.
E4B L10 Unit 11 Looking good! Jess Lin P.7
K. 分詞形容詞Participle Adjectives
a. 現在分詞 (Present Participle, V-ing) 現在分詞是動詞原型加上ing (V-ing)，如：breaking，用在進行式，也可以當形容詞用。如：breaking news 即時(的)新聞
The actor is always amusing.
amusing 修飾的是 actor。那個演員總是讓人感到很有趣。
The annoying sound is coming from our neighbor.
annoying 修飾的是 sound。煩人的聲音是從隔壁傳來的。
The laughing audience enjoyed the movie.
This is a cooking utensil.
b. 過去分詞(Past Participle, V3) 過去分詞是動詞第三變化(V3)，如：broken，用在完成式與被動語態，也可當形容詞用。如：a broken cup 一個破掉的杯子。
Sue was shocked by the news.
shocked 修飾的是Sue。Sue 對那個消息感到震驚。
The confused student couldn’t answer the question.
confused 修飾的是student. 感到困惑的學生無法回答問題。
The cooked noodles needed some more salt.
Rob fixed the broken window.
E4B L10 Unit 11 Looking good! Jess Lin P.8
- Alice saw an interesting/interested movie with a boring/bored guy. She was fascinating/fascinated by the movie but disappointing/disappointed with the guy.
- I’m not surprising/surprised at this. Alice’s mood is always very surprising/surprised.
- If you dry fruit, it becomes drying/dried fruit.
- If the weather freezes things, it is called freezing/frozen weather.
- If you freezes vegetables, they are called freezing/frozen vegetables.
- That’s hard work! I’m exhausting/exhausted. I need to rest for a while.