A Body Parts 身體部位
1 head 頭 2 ear 耳朵 3 eye 眼睛 4 nose 鼻子 5 mouth 嘴巴 6 lip 嘴唇
7 tooth，teeth 牙齒 8 hair 頭髮 9 neck 脖子 10 throat 喉嚨
11 chest 胸部 12 back 背部 13 shoulder 肩膀 14 arm 手臂 15 elbow 手軸 16 wrist 手腕 17 hand 手 18 finger 手指 19 thumb 拇指 20 index finger 食指 21 middle finger 中指 22 ring finger 無名指 23 little finger/pinkie 小指
24 stomach 胃 25 leg 腿 26 thigh 大腿 27 knee 膝蓋 28 calf 小腿
29 foot， feet 腳 30 ankle 腳腕 31 toe 腳趾
eyebrow 眉毛，eyelashes 睫毛，lip balm 護唇膏 ，lipstick 唇膏，face 臉
write, know, half,
My head hurts.
My shoulders hurt.
Common health complaints
a nouns名詞 : stomachache
I have a stomachache/headache.
1. a headache 頭痛 2. a backache 背痛 3. a stomachache 胃痛
4. a toothache 牙痛 5. an earache 耳朵痛 6. sore muscles 肌肉酸痛
7. a sore throat 喉嚨痛 8. a cold 感冒 9. the flu 流行性感冒
10. a cough 咳嗽 11. a fever 發燒 12. a runny nose 流鼻水
13. a burn 燙傷 14. sunburn 晒傷 15. mosquito bites 蚊子咬
16. insomnia 失眠 17. the hiccups 打嗝 18. an allergy (to) 過敏
19. menstrual cramps 生理痛 20 diarrhea 拉肚子 21 constipation 便秘
22 food poisoning 食物中毒
vaccine 疫苗, temperature, I couldn’t sleep last night.
medication , take medicine, drug 藥，毒品
I feel sick/homesick/stressed. My eyes are sore and itchy.
20. stressed out 壓力大 21. homesick 思鄉 22. itchy 癢
23. sore 酸痛的 24. allergic to 對…過敏的 25 upset 生氣的/難過的
I have an allergy to seafood. / I’m allergic to seafood.
c verbs 動詞
I can’t stop coughing. I sneeze all the time.
26. sneeze 打噴嚏 27. cough 咳嗽 28 vomit / puke 嘔吐
What’s the matter?
How do you feel？
Positive Adj 正面的形容詞:
1. fine 好的 2. great 很好的 3. terrific 很棒的 4, fantastic 非常好的
Negative Adj 負面的形容詞:
1. sick 生病的 2. awful 極壞的 3. terrible 糟糕的 4. miserable 淒慘的
I don’t feel well. I’m not feeling well. 我不舒服。
call in sick Tom called in sick today.
回答時假如是名詞要用 I have 的句型，形容詞則用 I feel 的句型，如：
I have a headache. I have a cold.
I feel homesick. I don’t feel well.
B. Not so good
A: How do you feel today?
B: Not so good/Terrible.
A: What’s wrong? / What happened?
B: I have a stomachache.
A: That’s too bad. / I’m sorry to hear that. I’m glad to hear that.
Get well soon. / Take good care. Have a speedy recovery.
B: Thanks a lot.
At a drugstore, pharmacy, chemist take medicine
Pharmacist: Good morning. May/Can I help you?
Customer: Yes, please. I have a bad cold. Do you have anything I can take?
Do you have anything for a sore throat?
What do you suggest for dry skin?
Can I have something for itchy eyes?
I’m stressed out. Can you suggest something?
Pharmacist: Sure. I suggest a bottle of eye drops. They’re excellent.
You should try this ointment. It really works.
Try some of this herbal tea. It’s very relaxing.
Customer: OK. I’ll take it.
Hmm, I’m not sure. Can you suggest something else?
Pharmacist: No problem. How about …?
Why symptoms do you have? I have nose congestion. 我鼻塞。
How long have you had it? I have had it for three days. It started yesterday.
Are you allergic to any drugs? Do you have any allergies?
Not that I’m aware of.
What do you do when you have a cold? I don’t take anything when I have a cold.
What do you do if you get a really bad cold?
I drink hot ginger soup with honey if I get a really bad cold.
1. What do you do when you have a sore throat?
2. What do you do when you get a stomachache?
3. What do you do when you have a cough?
4. What do you do when you feel sick?
5. What do you do when you have a headache?
6. What do you do when your eyes are sore and itchy?
7. What do you do if you have a bad cold and have to go to class?
8. What do you do if you feel sore after exercising?
9. What do you do if you have a high fever?
10. What do you do if you have an upset stomach after you eat?
11. What do you do if you feel tired and run down?
12. What do you do if you have to cough or sneeze at a convert or movie?
D. Giving Advice ginger, ice pack 冰敷袋
I have a terrible headache. Craig, what’s your advice?
1. It’s sometimes helpful to eat garlic soup. 喝大蒜湯
2. It’s important to drink a lot of liquids. 液體
3. It’s a good idea to put a heating pad on it. 熱敷墊
4. You should go home and take a long, hot bath.
5. I think it would be useful to put on some ointment. 擦藥膏
6. One thing you could do is stopping talking.
S LK SC
7. Try some herbal tea. It’s very relaxing. 花草茶
8. Why don’t you take some aspirin? 阿斯匹靈 painkiller, panadol,
Xanax 贊安諾 anxious 焦慮
Unit 3 Health stay fit/keep healthy from Touchstone 2
A Which of these things do you do to stay healthy? What else can you do?
1. Sleep at least seven hours a night.
2. Get a checkup once a year.
3. Take regular breaks to cope with stress.
4. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.
B Are you doing anything to stay healthy?
white meat, do yoga, He’s out of shape. lose weight, gain weight, I’m on a diet.
“Well, I generally don’t eat a lot of junk food, and I don’t eat red meat at all. And right now I’m doing karate. It’s getting me in shape quickly. “-Brian
“Um…right now I’m trying to lose weight before my school reunion, so I’m drinking these diet drinks for dinner.”-Carmen
“Well, I walk everywhere I go because I don’t have a car, so I think I get enough exercise.”-Mei-ling
“Um…to be honest, I’m not doing anything right now. I’m studying for exams this month, so I’m eating a lot of snacks, and I’m not getting any exercise at all.”-Michael
“Not really. I kind of eat everything I want. I don’t do anything to stay in shape. I’m just lucky, I guess.”-Lisa
“Yeah, we exercise six days a week. We go swimming every other day, and in between we go to the gym. And once in a while, we go hiking.”-The Parks
1. How do you cope with stress?
Well, I take a course in aromatherapy right now, and I enjoy it. But everybody in my family is pretty relaxed. We don’t get stressed very often. Reddit, Buzzfeed, Trending, home therapy, home remedy
2. What kind of exercise do you usually do?
I like swimming. My wife and I usually go to the pool every day in the summer. Right now it’s cold, so I don’t swim at all. But my wife goes every day, even when it’s cold.
3. Do you eat a lot of fast food these days?
Well, I love it, but right now I try to eat a balanced diet. It’s hard because my husband don’t like fruit and vegetables.
pill, tablet, capsule, Take two pills before bed. Take a tablet after meal.
1 When was the last time you got sick? Did you go to the doctor? Were you satisfied with
I got sick last week. Yes, I did. Yes, I was satisfied with the treatment.
2 Do you prefer Chinese/Traditional medicine or Western Medicine? Why?
I prefer Western Medicine. Because I don’t like the taste of Chinese medicine. I don’t really think it works.
3 Have you tried any traditional treatments like acupuncture, acupressure, cupping,
scraping/Gua Sha or others? Do you think they really work?
Yes, I have. I have tried most of them, and they really work. My neck was stiff last week. I had an acupressure and it worked out well.
4 If someone has the illness listed below, what kind of treatment would you recommend?
cold, heat stroke, headache, broken leg, cancer
For a headache, I suggest drinking coffee if it’s not too serious.
5 When you are sick, do you prefer to go to a clinic or hospital? Why?
I prefer to go to a clinic because it’s close to my home and I don’t need to spend a lot of time on waiting. doctors are more reliable
6 What do you do to stay healthy? Do you eat junk food? Do you drink bubble tea or
other beverages all the time?
I go to bed early and have at least 8 hours of sleep. I have a balanced diet. I exercise three times a week.
C Could you make questions with the following words?
1 nouns: medicine, treatment, cure, massage, vitamins, pain, symptom, disease, headache, cigarettes, injury, pills, surgery, cast, therapy, Chinese herbs, Tai Chi, diet, acupuncture
2 adjectives: healthy, well, ill, rare, sore, tired