E4A L10 Unit 12 It really works! Jess P.1
|句型重點 It is +adj + to 句型
情態助動詞should, can, could, may
- A. Warm-up Questions
- How do you stay healthy?
I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and I do exercise every day.
I don’t really do anything, but I think I’m pretty healthy.
- What hours do you sleep?
I go to bed at 11 p.m., and I get up at 7 a.m.
- Do you eat junk food?
Yes, I eat a lot of junk food. I love fried chicken and french fries.
No, I never eat junk food. I’m a vegetarian and I only eat organic
- How often do you exercise?
I exercise twice a week. / I don’t exercise at all.
- How often do you feel tired?
I’m always tired. I work a lot and I never get enough sleep.
I don’t feel tired very often.
- When was the last time you got sick?
It was last week. I had a terrible headache.
B. Common health complaints
a. 1. a headache 頭痛 2. a backache 背痛 3. a stomachache 胃痛
4. a toothache 牙痛 5. an earache 耳朵痛 6. sore muscles 肌肉酸痛
7. a sore throat 喉嚨痛 8. a cold 感冒 9. the flu 流行性感冒
10. a cough 咳嗽 11. a fever 發燒 12. a runny nose 流鼻水
13. a burn 燙傷 14. sunburn 晒傷 15. mosquito bites 蚊子
16. insomnia 失眠 17. the hiccups 打嗝 18. an allergy (to) 過敏
19. menstrual cramps 生理痛
b. 20. stressed out 壓力大 21. homesick 思鄉 22. itchy 癢
23. sore 酸痛的 24. allergic to 對…過敏的
c. 25. sneeze打噴嚏 26. cough 咳嗽
a. nouns名詞 : I have a stomachache/headache.
b. adjectives形容詞 I feel sick/homesick/stressed.
My eyes are sore and itchy.
c. verbs動詞: I can’t stop coughing. I sneeze all the time.
d. body parts身體部位: My back hurts. / My eyes hurt.
E4A L10 Unit 12 It really works! Jess P.2
C. Not so good
A: How do you feel today?
B: Not so good/Terrible.
A: What’s wrong? / What happened?
B: I have a stomachache.
A: That’s too bad. / I’m sorry to hear that.
Get well soon. / Take good care.
B: Thanks a lot.
D. Giving Advice
I have a terrible headache. Craig, what’s your advice?
1. It’s sometimes helpful to eat garlic soup. 喝大蒜湯
2. It’s important to drink a lot of liquids. 液體
3. It’s a good idea to put a heating pad on it. 熱敷墊
4. You should go home and take a long, hot bath.
5. I think it would be useful to put on some ointment. 擦藥膏
6. One thing you could do is stopping talking.
7. Try some herbal tea. It’s very relaxing. 花草茶
8. Why don’t you take some aspirin? 阿斯匹靈
E. Containers 容器
1. a tube of toothpaste 一條牙膏 /ointment 藥膏 /hand cream 護手乳
hair gel 髮膠
2. a bottle of aspirin 一瓶阿斯匹靈 /vitamins/ 維他命 shampoo 洗髮精
3. a box of bandages 一盒OK蹦 /herbal tea 花草茶 /cereal/穀類麥片
4. a can of shaving cream 一罐刮鬍膏 /hair spray 頭髮定型噴劑
foot spray 足部噴劑 /soda 汽水
5. a pack of tissues 一盒面紙 /lozenges 喉糖 /gum 口香糖 /mints 薄荷糖
6. a jar of face cream 一罐面霜 /coffee 咖啡 /mayonnaise 美乃滋
7. a bag of cough drops 一包止咳糖 /breath mints 薄荷糖
potato chips 洋芋片
8. a stick of deodorant 一條體香劑 /gum 口香糖 /butter 奶油
E4A Interchange 1 L10 Unit 12 It really works! Jess P.3
F. Heath Complaints and Advice
- What should you do for a sore throat?
It’s a good idea to drink a lot of liquids.
- What should you do for a cough? It’s helpful to take some cough syrup.
- What should you do for a fever?
It’s sometimes helpful to put an ice pack on your forehead.額頭
- What should you do for a toothache? You should see a dentist.
- What should you do for sunburn?
It’s a sometimes helpful to take a cold shower.
- What should you do for a backache?
It’s a good idea to put a heating pad on your back.
- What do you suggest for dry skin? It’s important to use some lotion.
- What do you suggest for a bad headache? It’s useful to drink coffee.
- What do you suggest for sore muscles? You should go to the hot spring.
- What do you suggest for insomnia? Try to count sheep. It might work.
- What do you do when you feel very stressed?
I always listen to classical music when I’m stressed.
- What do you do when you have an argument with a friend? 吵架
I would walk away and talk to him or her again when we are calm.
- What do you do when it’s 2 A.M. and you can’t sleep?
It’s sometimes a good idea to take sleeping pills.
- What do you do when someone standing near you faints? 昏倒
I would send him/her to the hospital.
- What do you do when you need to study but you can’t concentrate?
It’s a good idea to take a shower to refresh.
- What do you do when you have a stomachache?
You should eat some crackers.
- What do you do when your eyes are itchy and red?
You should use some eye drops.
- What do you do when you have mosquito bites?
It’s a good idea to put some ointment on them.
- What do you do when you don’t have any energy?
It’s sometimes helpful to have some energy drink.
20. What do you do when you are homesick?
It’s a good idea to make a video call to your love ones.
E4A Interchange 1 L10 Unit 12 It really works! Jess P.4
G. 情態助動詞 modal verbs
客氣的請求 polite request
a. 表客氣的請求時或請求允許時，以I為主詞時，可用may, could, can 或might.
May I borrow your pen? (客氣)
Could I have something for a sore throat? (客氣)
Can I get you a drink? (朋友間，非正式)
Might I close the door? (非常正式，不常用)
可能回答: Certainly. / Yes, certainly. / Of course. / Yes, of course. / Sure.
b. 表達客氣的請求，以 you 為主詞時，可用would, will, could, can。
Would you turn down the music? (客氣)
Will you pass me the salt? (客氣)
Could you sign it here? (客氣)
Can you get me an Apple Daily newspaper? (朋友間，非正式)
回答可能為 Yes, I’d be happy to. / Certainly. / Sure.
H. In a Pharmacy role play
A: Can/May I help you?
B: Yes, please. Could I have something for itch eyes?
( or What do you suggest for sore muscles? )
( or I’m stressed out. Can you suggest something? )
A: Sure. I suggest a bottle of eye drops. They’re excellent.
( or You should try this ointment. It really works. )
( or Try some of this herbal tea. It’s very relaxing. )
B: OK. I’ll take it.
( or Hmm, I’m not sure. Can you suggest something else? )
A: Sure. How about ……
E4A Interchange 1 L10 Unit 12 It really works! Jess P.5
I. Useful Expressions
- It’s a pity. 真可惜
A: Jimmy is sick. He won’t be able to come.
B: It’s a pity.
- How could you think that? 你怎麼會這麼想？
A: You don’t love me anymore.
B: How could you think that?
- My computer crashed. 我的電腦當機了
A: Why are you using my computer?
B: My computer crashed.
- That’s because…那是因為….
A: Why did you leave your job?
B: That’s because my boss fired me.
- Good idea. 好點子
A: Let’s go out for dinner.
B: Good idea.
- Have fun. 玩得盡興點
A: We’re leaving for the beach.
B: Have fun.
- What would you like to eat? 你要吃什麼？
A: What would you like to eat?
B: I want some noodles.
- Wake up and smell the coffee. 你別妄想了
A: Do you think mom will let me drive the car?
B: Wake up and smell the coffee.
- It’s your turn. 輪到你了
A: It’s your turn. Good luck.
- It means 這表示
A: What dose this word “delusion” mean?
B: It means false belief.
E4A Interchange 1 L10 Unit 12 It really works! Jess P.6
J. Review questions for Oral Test
- How are you doing? Pretty good. Thanks. And you?
- What do you do? / What’s your job? I’m an engineer.
- Where do you work? I work at HTC in Xindian.
- How long have you worked for HTC? I have worked for HTC for three years.
- How do you like your job? It’s O.K. I work very hard, but the money is good.
- What time do you finish work? I have to work late a lot. I usually finish around 8 p.m. and sometimes I have to work on weekends.
- How do you get here? I get here by scooter.
- How long does it take? It takes 40 minutes.
- What do you do in your free time? I like to listen to music and surf the Net.
- What kind of music do you like? I like classical music and jazz.
- Do you have a favorite singer or performer? Yes, I love Louis Armstrong.
- Tell me about your family. I’m married. My wife and I have two children, a boy and a girl. They are five and seven years old.
I live with my parents and my brother. My parents are retired. and my brother is a student. My sister is married with two children.
13. Are you eating well these days? Not really. I’m too busy, so I eat a lot of junk food.
14. What are you doing after class? I’m meeting my friend for dinner.
15. How often do you exercise? It depends. If I have time, I try to exercise at least three times a week. Sometimes I’m just too busy to exercise.
16. How was your last vacation? It was great. I went to Hong Kong.
17. What did you do last weekend? I saw a movie with my friends.
18. What time did you get up this morning? I got up around 7.30.
19. What does your mother look like? She’s short and a bit over-weight. She has long curly hair.
20. What’s your best friend like? She’s tall and slim. She’s very friendly and helpful. We do everything together.
21. How tall are you? I’m one meter 65.
22. Have you ever been to Japan? Yes, I have. I went to Japan three years ago.
23. Have you ever taken Maokong Gondola? No, I haven’t. I would like to do it sometime.
24. How many times have you done laundry this week? I have done laundry once this week.
25. How long have you lived in Taipei? I have lived here since I was born.